Friday, September 23, 2011

Thankful

So thankful tonight... Thankful for how faithful the Holy Spirit is to us, such undeserving as we are, HE comes to lead us in the paths of righteousness.

The girls and I have started a bible study together " How to be a Godly young lady in an ungodly world" Got through half of it tonight, had a great time of discussion. Many of the topics are not those that I feel extremely comfortable discussing in detail, but it is a must. I believe firmly that the Lord can and does give us wisdom and through HIS word we can and MUST tackle the issues today that are facing our youth, and specifically young ladies( in our home) 
If we do not combat these issues with the word of God and talk it through with them, the enemy is more than ready to have the wrong things in place or people in place to lead their precious tender hearts astray. I am thankful for their heart for God, but I am painfully aware of the fight that is going on for their souls and minds. I am in need of God in a desperate way, I plead the blood of Jesus Christ over our home, our children, and all we come in contact with. We must pray for discernment.. it gets rough sometimes... even uncomfortable. We are called to make decisions based upon the leading of the Holy Spirit, not what we feel comfortable with. 
I tell the girls I am their mother number one, and their second best friend after Jesus. Their Daddy and Mama love them more than life itself... but HE loves them even more , He gave HIS life for them. 
I appreciate the honesty, the transparency, willingness to share their hearts. 
It is so true that if we do not get their hearts, we will loose them to this world. We live in this world but are not of this world as children of the most high GOD. 
Folks we are in a battle, it is time we start recognizing it and GET IT together and FIGHT the good fight. War is not pretty, not easy, but so important to persevere... So glad our Commander and Chief is and will win this war.. So looking forward to that day. Are you? 
I REFUSE to lay down and accept that we will loose our girls to the world just because it is what is main stream. My Bible tells me different.. it does NOT have to be that way. 
When you can hear your children praying for one another and for their parents and rest of our family and friends, choked with tears and a real burden for the lost... makes me humble and cry out LORD I NEED MORE OF YOU!! 
We need revival, in a real way... It is not long till those eastern skys will burst open wide, Oh Jesus may you find us faithful. 
Proverbs 19 was our final passage tonight. 

Trust you are having a good week, looking forward to Sunday to be in the house of the Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment