Friday, September 23, 2011

Couragous

Some will not approve of this message, others will, either way it is not my place to worry.
This is MY blog and I WILL speak my mind as the Lord leads. 

This movie is something I have been following online for over a year as it was being made.. It struck me to the very core of my soul in regards to the subject matter. Here are some of my thoughts as I watched a few of the clips here.
The good Lord blessed me when He gave me Steve. Yes we have had our ups and downs, our good times as well as bad, but one thing I can say for my husband is... HE IS A REAL MAN!! 
Through all of the situations life has thrown at us, the Lord has been healing a wound in my heart and soul of who I am as a woman through Steve. 
I remember crying the day we found out we were having a girl each time, out of cheer joy, yet out of fear. Fear because all I could think for a moment was, Oh Lord, please do not let them grow up with the baggage I did... Please protect their emotions.. 
I was not healed myself, and thought how am I going to raise girls with damaged emotions? But God had a plan, SOOO thankful He does not leave us in our mess. 
I am 32 years old and am just now coming into complete healing with the fact that what drove me in who I perceived myself to be, how I let other treat me, and how I perceived GOD had EVERYTHING to do with having NO father growing up, and then to have him come into my life for 12 years and keep stabbing that knife over and over again into my very core. 
Sure I could say he doesn't matter, I am fine without him...
This is true ONLY because GOD has fulfilled in me the very promise HE set forth in His word to be everything I would ever need. 
Yet God created us to be  a complete family unit, not a half, re-made, blended, or anything else.. but a WHOLE family HOLY before HIM. 
It only makes sense that it starts with the man of the house. God is head of all, Jesus head of the church, the Holy Spirit, head of our temples, and the man HE has chosen before the foundations of the world, to be head of the home for the days that have been already decided by God. 
When that order is broken, we have what our reality is in the world we live in today.. Brokenness everywhere we turn. 
As I have watched the girls grow up and form an unbreakable bond with Steve, it has healed me day by day.. 
I am blessed to watch with amazement what I missed out on. 
Now I understand why I felt so empty as a child and young lady. 
God truly in His grace and mercy, reached down and hand picked Steve for me for that very reason. 
He led my in laws step by step in raising the man I call husband today. Steve's brother also played a HUGE role and still does, in shaping who he is as a man. 
As with any woman, we feel so loved and cherished and appreciated when our husbands speak blessings instead of cursings over us, we feel safe, secure, respected, and enabled to shine forth as a woman who is ACCEPTED!!
I had no clue what an impact it makes to have those things from an earthly father spoken day in and day out.
When I see the girls serve their dad out of love and adoration, I hear them speak words of love and respect, I hear them go before the very Throne room of Grace on his behalf, I just weep with thanksgiving that they are growing up to be WHOLE women of grace, undamaged by their father.
They can depend on him to be there no matter the time or day to sit and listen to their heart. 
I see them forming their opinion now of what they are praying for and expect in the man that God will bring into their lives one day. 
They have a solid foundation in their Heavenly Father to stand on when the waves of life come crashing in, and a safe haven in their earthly father to shield protect and guide. 
Our country is in the mess it is in because men and women refuse to rise up and be what GOD created us to be.. 
A whole unit, not better or less, but a WHOLE unit to work together to serve the Lord. 
Women stop feeling threatened by the fact you do not have big degrees to parade around, stop trying to juggle both worlds.. 
Relax into the arms of Jesus and let HIM help you find strength in the woman HE created you to be. 
It is OK to lean on your husband, it is supposed to be that way, love him, respect him, cherish him, submit to him.. That is a big one that is so misunderstood.. 
Submitting is such a blessing and an honor, nothing in this life has ever made me feel more complete, accomplished, empowered, loved, and complete, than being a wife and a mother. No degree I was seeking, no matter how many hours I would kill myself to work has ever given me the reward as having a husband cherish me, and children call me blessed. 
Such a humble feeling... but am grateful. 
I do not know how to get out what I am trying to say, but if you are blessed to have the opportunity of a whole family, do the work it takes, seek after GOD with all your heart, body, and soul, to be the very best we can be. 
I use to feel torn, that I had to measure up to my extended families expectations of working  in a successful career, and still be successful in the home... 
I never could be totally committed to either because I was not committed to Christ, or submitted to HIS calling for my life.. 
PLEASE DO NOT THINK I AM PUTTING YOU DOWN BECAUSE YOU ARE WORKING OUTSIDE THE HOME........
That is not what I am trying to say.. 
Just because you are working does not mean you have to somehow make excuses for or make it sound like a dreadful thing to also go home and have the awesome privilege to be wife and mother. 
This old busy crazy world we live in has one goal.. to make us tired, wear us out, so we give up and stop doing our best to pray our family forward. 
Support your man, love him, stand behind him EVEN WHEN GOOD PEOPLE THINK YOU SHOULDN'T.. 
DO not make the mistake of taking others advice over Gods word.. 
Just speaking from my heart and my own experiences.. 

Well I could go on and on, and maybe I will pick back up on this, as it is such a near and dear subject to my heart.. 
I encourage you to see this movie, buy the bible study to it, do it as a family. 
I know that is the goal here in the wiseman home. 
No we will not be going to the theater to watch it, for our own personal reasons, we feel we do not want the smut that you have to pass on the way in to get in our heads, and the atmosphere is not something we want to be apart of. 
So we will patiently wait for it to come out on DVD and watch it. 
The Family Christian Book Store  Has the books, Bible study, and The Resolution on sale now!!
 Just click on that link it will take you right to it.

If you survived to the end.. Thanks for listening to my heart today, and pray for us!! We pray for for all of you!! 
Much Love, God Bless, and have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment