Friday, April 15, 2011

A few pic's from Our 15th Anniversary!!

Since I was having so many issues health wise, and had been in and out of the hospital MANY times leading up to the Cardiac Ablation& EP Study, we decided to keep it simple.. We went to an AWESOME  Mexican Restaurant and had a great time on our date. We talked about our dating years, and early married life, mistakes, regrets, but the most talked about were the MANY MANY happy memories we have made along the way. How thankful we are for our family God has Blessed us with, our girls are our pride and joy. The end result of our conversation, we would do it ALL over again, the EXACT same way.. no regrets for starting our life so young, having the kids so close together, even the mistakes we endured, we would do it again. Why you ask? It has made us who we are now, built character in us, and strengthened our marriage. You have two choices to make, either throw it away, or dig through it and keep going and come out STRONGER. We talked about how thankful we are for God's Grace and Mercy  for saving us both and our girls. We love serving Jesus together as a family. We talked about NEW dreams we have now for our future and had just a WONDERFUL night. Was exactly what we needed, a little break before heading into a hectic few months again, or should I say keep going in the hectic time. Many people have made comments to either Steve or I about how we have been through so much ,and how are we still making it, why haven't we given up, our life seemed just almost to much for us to bear. Those comments did not upset or discourage us, instead was an awesome time to testify to GOD'S power, and Grace!! We were not making it on our own, we had our Heavenly Father carrying us through the unbearable moments, and walking right beside us through the steep climb in the tough stuff. Steve and I honestly feel we have seen worse times, no I am not pretending things have been all peachy keen... what I am saying, is that we have had a "peace that passed all our understanding" Every need was met, we never were alone, and how encouraged in Jesus we were... The worst days of our lives were when we were sinners, without a Savior on our way to hell.. I shudder at the thought, yet am so thankful for the reminder where HE has brought us from and is taking us step by step day by day. I use to be bothered to show the cracks in our lives, some people just do not GET IT, they somehow think if you are sick or down and out or whatever the case, your weird or something is wrong with you or we must of somehow made GOD mad at us.. oh but how Jesus has shown me that it is through those cracks, where all our "junk" can be seen, that HE shines the brightest!! I love that.. there is something beautiful to me about that thought. I am so thankful for all the cards and emails and texts and prayers from everyone for us. We felt them, and know God is in control. I have yet to get you all individually thanked, we are working on that. 








1 comment:

Steve~N~Angela said...

I want to clarify what I wrote above.. in regards to "having no regrets" We both DEEPLY regret the sin that we were in, that almost destroyed us. NONE of those times are looked at now as great or in good memories. I regret every single choice in sin I made. So thankful for God's amazing Grace and Mercy to restore 100 fold what I had lost.

Post a Comment