Sunday, August 14, 2011

Striving together in Unity

Philippians 1:27 "Only Let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind, striving together for the faith of the gospel." 


Philippians 2:2-8, 12-16 " fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambitions or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interest of others. Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God. But made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bond servant and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance of a man,He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. - Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure, Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of  crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world. holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain."

( These are a few of my personal notes taken from this message below)

We live in a time where ministry and holding true to the old paths is a battle. There is a war going on for our souls and those around us, Bro Chappell used points taken from the book " Instructions for American servicemen in Britain 1942".
                        Things to remember in our Christian Battle
1.No Time to fight old wars- Don't bring up old grievances

2.Don't Be a show off- It grieves the Holy Spirit

3.Keep OUT of arguments- Look, Listen, and Learn, before you start to tell others how much better you do things.

4.Always impolite to criticize your host- Don't have the preacher for Dinner(specially in front of young people-what you say DOES effect their thinking and opinions, regardless how much you say it does not)

5.It is militarily stupid to criticize your Allies- Put your critical, sanctimonious, pious, self righteous, Pharisaical attitude away. Get you some "balm from Gilead" get your heart, body, and soul in the Lords Battle. Stand behind your brothers and sisters in Christ, know where you stand and let the Commander in Chief do HIS job of leading the troops. It is not your place. If you truly knew Whose job you were messing with by acting like that, you would re-think your stance and get back in place where you belong.

6.Remember there is a war on!!


I believe these points are why more is not getting done for the Lord, and why more and more people are walking away. Sure it takes some heat off of us when we can use scripture when it is convenient, when we don't want to look in the mirror, and the truth be known. I am thinking of myself here, so no I am not pointing at anyone person in particular. But I keep thinking how if we do not get it right in our hearts now, what makes us think we will have another chance when we stand before God almighty? Yes we are in the day of the great falling away, but don't ya think just maybe, now I know this might be a stretch, but just maybe we have had something to do with that as well? Why not own up, man up, suck it up, say we are SORRY and restore relationships and sharpen one another as the Word says to. And let GOD do the job of lining us up.. I see nowhere in scripture that God handed over control to man kind once He created us.. Stop using scripture against scripture to hide behind. There is no need in it. A very wise preacher told me in a phone conversation something like this " if I have to tear down another person, church, or belief to prove Gods Word, there is something wrong with me, and I am just trying to lift myself up" I thought that was a very good example to use. 

Folks, Jesus is coming soon.. This world is full of hurting people, we are to be the salt and light, we might be the only Bible some people ever see.. How does my Bible look today? How does yours? Lord help us. We need a Holy Ghost revival in our churches today. 

I highly recommend listening to The message in full!!


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment