Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Where has this year gone?

OK am I the only one that can not believe it is September 1st? WOW... Where in this world did this summer go? Blinked and it was goneeeee..... I am thankful in the aspect that 1.Another month or so and the weather will start to COOL down and we will have our version of"fall" 2. I love the time of year that is soon approaching... I am also excited yet emotional ( yes can you imagine me? being emotional? ha!) that Shania and Kelsey BOTH are in JR-high together this year!!! ( let the tears begin)

Sometimes I shake my head, I can not believe we are already here at this moment in time, never thought I would see this day.. Thought SURELY Jesus will come before this... SO this leads me to think on a few other things( keep up ya know how my mind can bounce around) 
If this world tarries, and they graduate(GULP) will we have given them everything they need to stand up in this world? Are we doing ENOUGH? With all the twists and turns our life has taken, will it be a "stepping" stone for them to grow and learn from as well? 

I can not say enough how THANKFUL I am for our church... The girls fit in just right, but even more importantly, the growth we have witnessed in them over the past few months.. At the beginning of the year we had a very rocky start, one huge physical event, 2 huge emotional events. After Steve's dad died in Dec, January we were hit with another HUGE emotional blow, that to be honest I did not think( so glad we don't serve a God of feelings) we would make it through.. Than February was a very rough month.... and the adjustments, emotional roller coaster rides, lots of prayer, tears, and yes JOY, here we are September 1st... 
We hit our one year mark in this wonderful home God provided, ( THANK YOU JESUS) ALL our storage's are here( THANK YOU JESUS)  and we are still going, growing, and THAT is simply a pure act of GOD and His mercy towards us... So so thankful.

So back to the Jr High thing.. Its neat to see Shania and Kelsey in the same Teen Sunday School class, memorize scripture together, go to church event together, and hear some of their conversations here at home from the other room, talking about how Good God is and how much they enjoy their class and love this church. Makes me think back to my life at their age, and wow what a difference God makes is all I can say... Makes all the difference in the world. 

So life has been hectic, but getting better, things are slowly but surely coming together after our life being in an upheaval for 4 years. One box at a time, one prayer at a time, one step at a time, with The Lords help THERE IS GROWTH!!! Shew been a long time coming, but thankful for the lessons learned while in this valley... We have some very dear dear friends and family that have helped us along the way, and for that we can not say enough how much we appreciate you ( you all know who you are)
 We were not going to join the homeschool group this year, did not think we would have the time, but the girls love park day and Sign Language is being offered again this year, and that they love. We also did make a few friends and miss getting to see them@park day. So I think we are going to go ahead and join and just do one class. A dear lady at our church is going to give the girls and I piano lessons and we are THRILLED and this was a direct answer to a very much long awaited prayer. Just blows my mind at the many Blessings God continues to bestow upon us, just when I think I have a "half way grip" on who God is, He amazingly takes me on another journey through a valley, teaches me a much needed lesson( because He loves me) leads me up out of the valley(because He promised to never leave me nor forsake me) and lets me bask in HIS Glory for a lil while before going through the process again. Each time( even though at times I don't think I will make it up out of this one at times) grows sweeter and sweeter, closer and closer, and find myself WANTING MORE! 
Never in my life have I experienced such HUNGER and THIRSTING after something, like I do HIM and HIS word. I just cant get over that I am under The Blood as the song goes. He amazes me, and I love Him so!

Well I suppose I have rambled enough for this evening.. and as usual will just hit publish, I am sure many spelling, improper grammar, and everything else is wrong.. but hey that is why you are the reader and I am the writer.. I get to mess up and be OK with it =)  

Trust everyone has a good evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment