What a weekend we had.... between all that is going on right now, we also have LOTS of excitement almost nightly that keeps us up at all hours of the night.
We are at the front of the property so we get to chase people off the property, catch them breaking into the Church, Dorm, our house (Duplex) and hear all the street fights of drug deals gone bad and such.
Saturday morning around 1:30am a gun fight broke out and when all was said and done and cops were called and came swarming in from both Phx and Glendale they also called in the "ghettobyrd" as we like to call it. (police helicopter)
Steve was having a VERY rough night and we had prayed for him and he was finally relaxing in the chair, girls were in bed, and I was in the bathroom.
When all of a sudden it sounded like it was INSIDE of our house..
POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP........................................................................................................................
A gun fight broke out LITERALLY in front of our house and kept going all the way down the length of our house.
So that of course woke hubby
up and he jerked out several of his weapons and out the door he went, I
came running out looking for a gun to back him up.
Had no clue it was that serious at the moment..
and come to find out it went all the way up to the next light.
The cops blocked off the lane from the S.corner of our house
(right by the Girls bedroom) all the way to the light heading north.
They found casings down the length of our house and on down the sidewalk/street.
No shots were fired towards the other side of the street, so we are not sure of exact details but it was a close call. Jesus kept His hand of protection over our little home for sure.
We sit right next to the busy road and those shots should have hit the house
and gone through a window.
The cops searched the front of our house to make sure no bullets had penetrated through.
NEVER a dull moment.. and never a full nights rest.. but we are doing it for Jesus.
Thankful no one was injured in our family and no dead bodies in the street.
So then Monday morning at 1:30am, same thing.... kids in bed, hubby and I were getting ready to go get in bed ourselves as hubby had just been through a rough night and the good Lord had calmed his body enough to fall asleep so I was getting him up to go stretch out in bed for a few hours before getting up for work.
When the girls came running into the living room kinda of startled and said someone was trying to break into their bedroom... Hubby grabbed his gun belt and out the backdoor he went.
I grabbed my phone with 911 ready to hit call.. and was watching out the window...
Hubby rounded the corner without the guy noticing and came up on him from the back and held him at gun point, the guy freaked out and both hands shot straight in the air.
The guy backed away from the house and started heading towards the street with hubby still shining the light in the guys face and hand on his gun.
I jerked open the front door and asked what in the world he thought he was doing messing around a house at this time of night, of course he was high on drugs and drunk so he was coming up with all kinds of stories..
Keep in mind we have dealt with these kind of people almost DAILY or I should say NIGHTLY so we usually call the cops and they are gone before they get here most of the time.
What happened next was the first time I have done this since living here on the grounds.
Hubby told the guy he better get on down the road and don't be messing around at this time of the night.... and said several other things along that line.
I hollered out at him that he was lucky he had hit a christian home or he might be dead instead of walking away uninjured. As he was still trying to talk to hubby I started asking the guy if when he walked on down the street and was killed or took another round of drugs that would kill him did he know where he would go? I asked, Heaven or Hell?
He said Heaven because he had been a good person. He had been baptized as a child in the catholic church. I said son, there is no waiting room after death, when you take your last breath you will face God almighty and you will either go to Heaven or Hell.
The guy started crying again and I asked him if he would like us to pray for him and he answered he would, I said you step back over by my husband and I will pray for you.
(I was still inside the house talking through the screen door)
he came back over and stood down in front of the porch and I told him to bow his head, we were going to pray. And I started praying for this young man, a complete stranger with a sob story we have heard over and over.. but this encounter was different. It just was.
The Girls were behind me and they were praying out loud for his young man as well,
he couldn't of been over 20 years old.
I felt the Holy Spirit say to give him a gospel tract with a church card and feed him.
Kelsey already had the gospel tract ready to hand to her dad to give the young man...
I asked the young man if he was hungry and would like some food, he really would appreciate it he said so I told him to wait a few moments and it would be handed out to him.
The girls grabbed some left over chicken and black bean filling for burritos and we grabbed a few large tortillas and put them in some foil along with plastic-ware and napkins and a couple bottles of water.
I handed it to my husband and he gave it to him and was told to head on down the street and to read the tract and keep the church card and come back to church during NORMAL hours.
I promised that young man we would be praying for him.
So no cops were called on this one even though he had tried to break in on our girls.
Jesus protected them and their dad had caught him quick enough to stop any damage from being done.
Took hubby several hours to get his lungs calmed back down and didn't get much sleep and had a rough day at work.. but Jesus helped him and I know that was the right thing to do because it was not any of us working in those moments, it was the Holy Spirit doing His dealings through us.
That is what it is all about. I admit that I am quick to brush off someone cracked out on drugs because of my own father. I even told the young man that when he was trying to deny he had taken anything. We told him we knew he was and he ended up admitting he had snorted and smoked it up hours earlier.
God really showed me that when we listen to HIM, He will guide us with each situation and we may never see that young man again but we tried our best to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
So if you think about it, pray for the young man that tried to break into our girls bedroom.
I pray he goes home to his family that he says is looking for him.
The Lord put the words of the prodigal son in my mouth
as we witnessed to him for those few moments.
Either way one thing we can be certain of..
Gods word NEVER returns void and is for ALL people.
The ground at the cross is level..
Jesus died for that young man too!!!
So that brings us into the new week
with our Monday being a very hectic day all the way around,
yet knowing God is in control and is working....
keeps us wanting to work harder for Jesus
the way He has planned and willed for our lives.
If one soul is saved it's worth it ALL!!!!
Hope y'all have a great week.
And thank you for those whom are praying for us,
we GREATLY appreciate it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment