Yesterday we worked on rotating our fruit in our deep freezer & came upon a few bags that needed to be used.....
Apples&Plums.
First set of pic's are of the plums we used. boiled them for just a few minuets to wrinkle the skin to make it easy to peel off...
Returned back to the pan after draining&peeling the plums, added sugar, bit of cinnamon, and 1/2 cup of the juice that the apples had boiled in for 30mins.
It turned out Very good!!!
Kelsey doesn't like plums, but loved the preserves.
Next,
Used the frozen Apple slices & added two fresh apples to the mix to make Apple Butter!!
We looooveeee Apple Butter!!
It came out really nice & just the way we like it =)
It was fun working in the kitchen together and teaching the girls math & Science at the same time =)
Shania made a new recipe for dinner.
A southwestern corn tortillas, black beans, diced tomatoes, thinly sliced chicken, and cheese casserole.
Of course the seasonings were added..
Chile powder, onions, garlic, jalapeƱo , and .... I think that was it..
It was really good!
Thanks Pinterest =)
I guess I should have also taken a picture if them in the jars.
If I get a chance might add it later.






No comments:
Post a Comment