Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Happy Happy Belated Birthday to our darling Kelsey!

Our Kelsey turned 14 on this past Sunday!!! 

Shew, taking in a DEEEEEP breath, waiting to exhale!!!
 It all seems to be moving SO FAST..

Dear Kelsey, 

This mama's heart is full with so many things when I think of you.
I am so Blessed to be your mama, so thankful to celebrate this 14th Birthday with you, and SOOOO thankful that together with Jesus and Daddy, we are almost out of 8th Grade ready to begin a new phase of life!!( I will save that for another post) 

On your Birthday, ( as we do every year) when looking back over the years, sharing memories, reliving those days leading up to and after your birth, this year was a bit different. 
I am thankful you have given your heart and life to Jesus, so thankful for your walk daily and your testimony. 
BUT, 
What I am MOST thankful for this year, is how you have held tight to Jesus, even when the road has been hard, and flat out just not there at times.
You have stayed by my side as a prayer warrior in this battle regarding my health, never loosing faith, never complaining, refusing defeat on my behalf. 
Yet at the same time still in your own battle.. 
Kelsey, Mama has tried to be there for you, but reality is... 
I can not always be, and even though we do not understand, we have seen how in those times, the hand of GOD moving and caring for each one of us, far greater than we could ourselves. 
You may not understand this now, but watching you choose how to handle "life" has helped me heal that part of me that refused to bow my knee at your age. 
No one but Jesus, you, daddy, me, and your sisters, know what a battle has taken place in our lives these past few years. 
BUT, wouldn't you agree we are better because of the lesson learned? 
Even the pain, God is working it out for our good. 
I will forever cherish our conversation the other night as we shared this, and just reflecting on Gods goodness in how far HE has brought our family in this journey of healing. 

I am so thankful for you Kelsey.

We tease you something fierce, you got a good measure from both ends of the stick!!!
But you are strong!!
I am so thankful for your gentle spirit, your loving ways, your understanding, your willingness, your diligence, and faithfulness.
I appreciate how you jump right in to help carry the load, will start a job and not only see it to completion, but a very thorough completion. 
I admire you my dear daughter, nothing could ever replace our time together, nothing could compare to the bond we share. 

You are my baby girl, and will always be.... 

Keep serving Jesus, never give up, do not give in, do not let down, and do not let ANYONE tell you that you are not something special.!
You were given to us as a blessing from GOD for such a time as these fourteen years,
and I pray for many many more!!
Use your talent for Jesus, this world has NOTHING to offer you but 
brokenness and heartache.
Always put God first in all you do and say!!
Keep in HIS word daily, commit your ways unto the Lord
and HE WILL direct your paths, 
be not wise in your own eyes ,fear the LORD and abstain from evil( Proverbs).

I love to sit and talk with you, and hear your heart, share in your dreams, and see the world through your eyes. 
I love how deep our conversations go, and how thought provoking they are. 
I love that GOD has blessed this undeserving family with HIS mercy. 
I pray HE GRACES you always!!!!

I love you my beautiful daughter, I appreciate you, I respect you, I cherish you,
I trust you!!!

Know that NO ONE or NO THING could EVER replace you, 
there is only ONE Kelsey Wiseman,
created by GOD and is wonderfully made!!!

Keep willing to be misunderstood, keep your eyes off people and instead love them, let GOD deal with the other stuff..
YOU ARE LOVED!!!
You are a blast and add SO much spice to our lives. 
It has been so special  celebrating you this week( and it isn't over) 

Love you much, pray for you always!!

                        Love, Mama



P.S.
I know this is your testimony, so this is the song I chose to include with your birthday letter!





No comments:

Post a Comment