As I sit here, thinking, remembering, twelve years ago today we were blessed with another precious gift from Jesus. YOU!!!
Was a bit scary that day, and few days leading up to that morning. Our hearts sank when we were told you were in danger and so was momma, and they would need to take you via Emergency C-Section.
But Jesus had HIS hand on you and mama, and you arrived into this world just in time for us to have a special present for Christmas!!
This was different, special for reasons to long to list here ( but you have heard the stories)
This was hard on mama, for you see you would be the last baby Jesus would let us have, and I was sad at that thought, but quickly forgot all those thoughts as soon as I heard them say: " IT'S A GIRL!!!"
There were so many miracles surrounding that special day, and we were so thankful to GOD for bringing you safely to us, healthy, and PERFECT!!
Daddy was blessed to take time off work with you, something he did not get to do with your sisters. He was home to cuddle and spoil you rotten those first few weeks of your life.
Daddy stayed in the hospital with you and mama( as he did with your sisters) and you slept on his chest from day one!!
Mama was in lots of pain, but refused medication because I wanted the joy of breast feeding you, I had been praying I would be able to with you. Jesus answered that prayer!!
Kaity, you mean so much to me. Your little life has been used in ways only Jesus knows about!
Mama went to work when you were just 6 months old, and worked MANY long hours at the hospital... I was planning to go to medical school, thought that would be the thing to do, so I could help daddy provide all the things in the world for you and your sisters.
Jesus used a special occasion in your life to wake me up. I got a call from daddy while I was at work and he said " Kaity just took her first steps"
( my heart hurts just remembering)
I cried, oh how my heart broke that I was not there to see it, to share in that moment. It was in that moment while driving home and crying still, that I decided to drop my plans of becoming a DR.
NOTHING was more important to me at that moment, nor has been since, to spend these precious years with you and your sisters growing up.
At that time it was not as easy as it sounds, but all those years ago, Jesus seen my heart of hearts, and though was a long road, HE answered that prayer and mama was able to come home for good in 2003( except when I had to work here and there)
That marked another change in our lives, and mama and daddy has had the joy of homeschooling you and your sisters.
This mama's heart could burst to think of all the "firsts" that I have been able to be with you on.
But NONE will EVER compare to the night, as you knelt between your daddy and I beside our bed, and asked Jesus to come into your heart!!!!
Oh, what joy truly did enter our hearts and home these past five years.
God has blessed us to watch you grow with Jesus, us as your parents, your sisters, and family and friends.
Your simple faith in Jesus inspires me to be a better Christian, and mama.
Kaity, I am so very proud of you, and the young lady Jesus is making you to be!!
Thank you for all your help, your selfless giving of your time, energy, your heart!
Thank you for taking such good care of your mama, specially these past few years.
You never complain, you serve with such joy, and willingness.
Looking at this world through your eyes is so exciting!! TO have you honor us with sharing of your dreams, your hopes, your failures, your inspirations, we are blessed.
You were the perfect gift that December in 1999, and still are to this day!!
SO today I wanted to let you know, I LOVE YOU baby girl, and am so thankful Jesus has shared you with us these twelve years. I pray for many many more to come!!
Keep your eyes on Jesus sweetheart, never look back, life is in the present, day by day, walking with Jesus.
Never give up, never let down, keep walking, your head held high looking unto Jesus!!!
HE never changes, this baby girl I can promise you!!!
I dedicate this song to you today on your 12th Birthday!!
1 comment:
thank you mama and I love you to and I.M proud to be your DAUGHTER and I love this song and I love you love Kaitlyn
Post a Comment