Listened to an archived message entitled CHM Ten Commandments.
Thought provoking, heard things I have NEVER heard explained that I have ALWAYS wondered about, had what I do believe reinforced, encouraged, and definitely a call to dig in deeper.
I do not want to be guilty of doing to our children what was done to me . Now HEAR ME, I am NOT downing my mother when I say this. It is just a fact I was not raised in a christian home, and things fall between the cracks when that happens. BUT we serve a great big GOD who is BIGGER and over all of that, and she is walking with the Lord now, and so am I. Now having said that, there are things along this journey towards heaven I learn every day, like all of you.
Don't you just love how ALIVE and GOD breathed HIS word is every day?
So I will just post the points that were made, not sharing my personal notes.. just yet
1 Be balanced
A) Tradition- must be scriptural
B)Reason- Be reasonable, make decisions based on the principles of Gods word.
C)Experience- If we elevate our personal experience above Scripture, we have trumped what we are asking scripture to do for us. ( so hard not to inject my personal notes on this one)
2. Be Holy- refrain from the action of intentional sin, and also the nature of sin. We can live above intentional sin when filled with the Holy Spirit!
3. Be Holy for I am Holy" is what Jesus said in His word
4. Be a lover of GOD- a reckless abandonment to God, yield ALL!
5. Ought to be lover of Neighbor- Love one another,
6. Be Separate 2 Corinthians 6:17 - We live in a culture where there is a gender war going on.
7. Be orthodox
8. Be Authentic- Live above intentional sin, but when we do, we have an advocate with the Father. There was only ONE who lived a sinless perfect life JESUS!! Once in awhile we need to back up and use some powerful words " I am sorry to God and to Neighbor"
We do not have to sin in thought word and deed every day, why did Jesus die on the cross to leave us in them? In the process of maturity and living for the Lord, sometimes we drop the ball and sin, confess and MOVE ON. If we are not authentic we can not be a christian.
9. Be Flexible- Be gracious to others beliefs. We do not have to agree, nor be persuaded to either side. But we can be gracious and I want people to be gracious to me, I must be to them. Bible says do unto others as we would have them do unto us." Treat every person I come into contact as Jesus died for them too!
10. Be Biblical- We worship the GOD of the bible, live on Gods word. Endeavor to be faithful to the word of God in all matters of faith and practice. It is the inerrant, infallible word of GOD.
No comments:
Post a Comment