Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday

So yesterday ( Friday) was a rough day all the way around... It's one of Steve's hard day's, we all are running on lil if no sleep, and Shania& I changed Kelsey's bandages.. Her knee MUST WITH NO EXCEPTION be kept straight at all times this first 2 weeks. it has been locked in place since she came out of surgery.. SO, I knew it was going to be painful for her just to unlock it and have pressure change, than trying to be extra delicate with this being the first dressing change, on top of keeping it straight while being unwrapped&re-wrapped... Thank The Lord He helped me(when it's your own, it is different) and Shania bless her heart was right there with me being the extra set of hands that was needed. So I waited for pain meds to kick in before beginning, we got through it, everything back on(including polar pack) and the pain started out slow and before I knew it, she was in so much pain( up to this point she had held back the tears, trying to be brave) This was an all out pain stricken cry... nothing as a mom makes you feel more helpless than to see those tears and not a thing you can do.... Well at that moment was on the phone talking to my Grandma and Mother, we stopped everything and on speaker phone went to prayer... Oh how GOD came, The Holy Spirit dropped down and in a literal blink of an eye, Kelsey's pain was GONE( and no had not given any more meds) It was GOD!! The Holy Spirit was so strong, we just changed from making dinner to the 4 of us having church, right here in our lil living room.. We sang praises to Jesus, and I looked over and Kelsey was dozing off to sleep... GOD IS SO GOOD!! 
devil gets mad when God works, and wow did he ever take a sucker punch at me last night. I got so sick from exhaustion,  had no choice but to go get in the bed... I never go to bed before Steve gets home, and specially on his B-Day... I had no control... so Shania and Kaity kept an eye on Kelsey for me and I was so out don't even know when Steve got home... He is amazing.... He gave Kelsey her meds, refilled the polar unit, got her all settled and spent some time with the girls... Do you know how guilty I felt? but how Thankful and Humble at the same time? To serve such a BIG loving GOD, married to such a Big loving man, and have three of the most beautiful loving girls.... helps in the " I don't think I will make it through this" moments. 
Bro.Hunt from Gospel Center called to check on us and encourage us, that was a blessing.. and different family and friends have assured us they are praying.. It DOES matter, we DO feel it, we DO need it, WE are also praying for ALL of you as well... Toooo many to list, so just know we THANK YOU and appreciate you all!! There are many details no one knows about, BUT GOD knows, and we would not be making it without HIM!!! Oh how I LOVE HIM so... 

So today is Saturday, that means Bountiful Basket Day!! I did not think I would have the strength to go get them, Shania came in to tell me she was going to help me... So thankful for her servants heart. Kaity said she would take care of Kelsey while we were gone ( Steve will be getting ready for work) Team work is what it's all about!! 
 We Are truly so Blessed!!

Trust Everyone has a great day!! 
                                                                      Be Blessed, Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment