So we are going into our 3rd day post surgery for Kelsey and she is doing as well as can be expected. ONE HUGE answer to prayer- the total knee joint replacement did not get done because GOD had HEALED it since the MRI 2 months before surgery... GOD IS SO GOOD!!!
She is in pain, but never complains.. Steve took Thursday off to be here at least one more day to help with lifting her around.. Poor thing can only drag that right leg at this point.. The girls have jumped right in and without anything said we all assumed our positions and take round the clock turns with her.... We work so good as a team, so thankful for this lil family God has Blessed us with.
Pray for Steve today and tomorrow as he is very tired and will be pulling a hard 24 hour shift..
WOW have wanted to write on here for some time, but have just held it in... So much has happened , that by others standards should of already done us in.. BUT GOD, has been here and worked everything out one step, one day, one problem, one Blessing, one hope, at a time.. THANK YOU JESUS! To be very honest, it does not seem like it has really been that bad.. Now don't get me wrong, it has been ONLY because of the Grace of God, we made it each step... I was telling Steve, to me the WORST days of our lives are SO FAR behind us, the days we were not serving Jesus. How much worse could things really be. I am being careful, please do not misunderstand me... But I guess what I am trying to say is, when the mountain looks impossible to climb, I can go to THE rock and lean on HIM, knowing"He works everything for my good in HIS timing" Not always easy.. but comforting.
I feel so Blessed to be where we are in our life. I am so thankful for the roof over our heads, food on our table, a nice bed to sleep in, clothes on our backs, shoes on our feet, extended family to love( and I do love each and every one of you, yes you who think I don't. I pray daily for you all) Thankful for this rich heritage we have from both sides of the family to pass down to our girls. So thankful for the good old fashioned way.. IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME! Thankful to serve a God that NEVER changes, He is still on the Throne, Still answering prayers, still leading down that narrow path that leads HOME!
My heart is full.... it is so easy to think about things, problems, the past, or the worst of something or someone.. my hearts cry, my desire, is to be MORE like Jesus, to look at things, and people in light of eternity. Boy it really changes my view and thinking when The Holy Spirit helps me to do that... I think how different would our churches, families, relationships be if we could get a good and TRUE dose of what a Spirit filled life is.. How easy would it be to forgive someone if you thought you were taking your final breaths? Not pointing fingers at anyone.. its at ME... Lord help ME.. I have hurt people just as I have been hurt. It slays me to think of that, and sorry doesn't take scars away no, but the healing balm of Jesus does! I am thankful for that healing in my heart, thankful to look at my past through the blood stains..
Beth Moore said something in one of her Bible Studies "I may not feel joy every moment, but God appropriated it , and I choose it" So today, I CHOOSE though I may not understand or know how , "Love-Joy-Peace-Long suffering-Kindness-Goodness-Faithfulness-Gentleness-Self Control"(Galatians 5:22-23)
And I can choose this because of the promise He made a way for me through HIM to do so "
Philippians 4:5-9
5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Meditate on These Things
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
So I guess I am done rambling for now.... Trust each and every one of you has a Blessed Day.. Give Thanks today.. and remember us in prayer if you think of it, we always stand in the need of help from above!
No comments:
Post a Comment