We had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!! God is so good to us, we have so much to be thankful for.
One of my specific prayer requests this year was, for the Lord to allow me to cook for my family and enjoy it! and..
HE ANSWERED MY PRAYER!!
We had our Niece here on Wednesday night and Thursday( however she did get sick- don't think it was my cooking :) ) ( she is better now)
Steve's brother and family came up to eat dinner with us and visit awhile, we had such a good time having them in our home. We love you guys!!!
The girls helped cook the meal, and let me tell ya they can throw down y'all.. FOR REAL!!
Shania made THESE DELICIOUS ROLLS . She also made from scratch pie crusts and they were DELICIOUS as well. She made two pumpkin, an apple, and cherry pie. YUMMY!!!
Amy helped out on the potato's and Shania whisked up the gravy( from the turkey's droplets) We threw down a Turkey, Spiral sliced ham, fried sweet potato's, Stuffing, Sweet potato souffle( didn't get it done till later, I was tuckering out at this point) and we forgot to put out Grandma's cranberry salad( slips my mind if I missed anything)I had a cranberry recipe I wanted to try, but again I was D-O-N-E.. lol. Was time to eat.
We REALLY enjoyed having David and Lisa here ( Missed you Doug)
They really encouraged our hearts by coming to spend some time with us.
Truly is such a blessing.
Steve has been covering for the guy that works opposite of him, but we were thankful Jesus helped him to get done at a decent time to be home to enjoy the rest of Thanksgiving Day!!
I am thankful for MANY things, most of all, Salvation, to know I have been redeemed!
My family!! I have the BEST husband in all the land, he is so good to me, such a great father, and strong spiritual leader in our home!!
Thankful the good Lord blessed us with another year to be together, to grow closer to Jesus and serve others!!
It is SUCH a beautiful day today!! We have the windows open and a nice breeze is blowing through.. hmmm.. makes me have the urge to CLEAN and start dragging out the Christmas decorations!!
Yes indeed that sounds tempting..
I will upload and post a few pictures of our celebration, might get it done today.
Trust you all had a wonderful time of being thankful, and have a blessed weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment